Urdu & Hindi Stories - Stories.pk

Read stories online, urdu stories, hindi stories, desi love stories, novels

Login | Register

Tue May 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Hey!
Alright. First things first. “Hey?” Some first text. It’s always been such a pet peeve of mine. “Hey” what? It’s such a conversation starter! Yeah, right. But, that is beside the point. The point is that Elliot finally texted me. We met in the beginning of the summer and didn’t talk much after that until school started up again. We kind of caught up at our friend’s concert and cliqued right away. Elliot Penton is a tall, black haired junior with the funniest personality that will brighten up anyone’s day. Everyone always knew when he was in the room because there was always non stop laughing. His smile, white and perfect, lit up everyone’s face and the presence of him could make someone feel almost free from any problem they may face.
Of all people, I never would have expected Elliot to text me. “Why me” is the proper question. He wasn’t the most popular boy in school, but enough girls crushed on him. Me being one of them. I barely know him, though. Hmph. I don’t know how to respond. But, “hey” says enough to start an entire relationship, which was perfectly fine by me. However, I never texted back. I just didn’t know what to say.

Look, I know this may be really random but I think you’re really cute and funny and I would really like to get to know you. How do you feel about that?

Woah. Did not expect that one. I analyze what he says. Could he maybe like me? Nah. He doesn’t even know me. He thinks I’m funny? He’s the funny one. This is so crazy! And unexpected. I respond,

Hey! Aw, thank you so much! I think you’re cute and funny too! And I would LOVE to get to know you. Sounds awesome. :)
Yikes! I wonder how this relationship is going to turn out. I guess we will just have to leave it up to time…

3 Months Later…

Alright babe, night. Love you.

Wow. I’m his “babe”! So, you may think that we are dating after this text, but unfortunately we haven’t hit that road yet. I know he likes me, and I most certainly like him. However, you and him don’t know how I am. I don’t date. The last time I dated a guy, he cheated on me with my (ex) best friend. Since then, it’s just been black and white. My life is colorless. It frightens me. You know, the whole thought of dating. The whole concept of it, really. I just feel like underneath all of this generosity and humor Elliot possesses is a typical douche guy waiting to come out. And I cannot let someone hurt me like my previous boyfriend had done to me. I can’t.
“So, I was talking to Elliot at school today. He’s totally crushing on you!” Coryn, my best friend, says. Shrieks more like.
I smiled, “I heard. Gah! This whole thing is just too crazy for me! It’s too much!”
Coryn sighs, “listen hun. Nothing is ever too much. What’s too much is your over analysis. Just relax.”
“I’m just afraid if I move on with this relationship, then it will be a “Sam Thing” all over again.”
“Penny! Listen to me sweety. Not everyone is Sam, okay? Elliot is a really sweet guy. Don’t let your last boyfriend experience get in the way. Please. I know Elliot more than any other guy. He’d never hurt you. He’s too nice. And, he likes you way too much.”
“I guess you’re right. Maybe I’m just psyching myself out.” I sigh, “it’s just so freakin complicated. It’s like, we text everyday. For hours. But then at school we don’t exist to each other. I mean, I want to go and talk to him, but he’s always with his other friends and I really don’t want to just go up and start talking to him. That’s weird”
“God, Penny! Get off your scared ass and talk to him at school! No if, ands, or buts. You got it?”
I sat quiet, “Yeah.”
“Good. Listen I gotta go to bed, but I will talk to you at school tomorrow, okay?”
“Okay. G’night.”
“Goodnight, bud. And remember Penn, not all guys cheat. It’s time for you to let yourself in the playing field now. 2 years is a long time to be away from dating. Things have changed. Believe me. Love you.”
“Love you too.”
I hang up and lay quietly on my bed. I think about everything Coryn said to me and I find myself in a whole other world. A world where life throws you second chances and opportunities that you can only dream of. This is where I need to be to get what I want. And here is where I need to stay. I close my eyes and my mind goes into this magical world until morning. Because when morning arrives and my alarm clock goes off; that’s when I wake up and reality kicks in.

Top Top