“I am from Pakistan, and this recipe is from the Pakistani kitchen. This dish is traditionally served with chapati, but you can serve it with boiled rice too.”Ingredients
* 1/4 cup cooking oil
* 1 onion, thinly sliced
* 6 zucchini – peeled, seeded and cut into semicircles
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups water
* 2 teaspoons chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
* 3 whole cloves
* 7 whole peppercorns
* 4 tomatoes, chopped
* 2 tablespoons plain yogurtDirections
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; saute onion until golden (about 5 minutes).
2. Add zucchini, salt, water, chile powder, turmeric, garlic powder, coriander, cloves, peppercorns, tomatoes and yogurt and stir all together. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.