Urdu & Hindi Stories - Stories.pk

Read stories online, urdu stories, hindi stories, desi love stories, novels

Login | Register

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:22 am

Jenani can still remember the day she met Appasami. The memory is so vivid in her mind, it’s as if it just happened yesterday. Has it really been 13 years since they said goodbye? Appasami was Jenani’s first love, and she never got over him.

Oh yes, she had other relationships, but Appasami was always on her mind and maybe even in her heart. She now realizes that she never stopped loving him all these years; that’s why none of her relationships lasted long. Thirteen long years and she still loves the same man.

She doesn’t even know where he is now. Is he married? Does he have children? Since they broke up, they haven’t been in touch. It was better that way anyway. Out of sight, out of mind. But lately, she’s been having dreams about him again. They were together and happy.

Imagine her surprise when they bumped into each other one afternoon. It was him who actually saw her first. She was standing on the sidewalk waiting for her turn to cross the street when she felt a light tap on her shoulder.

“Jenani? Is it really you?! I can’t believe it!” Appasami enthusiastically said as he gave her a warm bear hug.

“Appasami?! Good heavens! How are you?” Jenani uttered, hugging him back.

“I’m good. Listen, do you have time for coffee now?” Appasami inquired.

“I’m actually on my way to the art gallery. They offered me an exhibit.” Jenani replied.

As they said their goodbyes, they promised to meet up later to catch up over dinner. With a quick kiss on the cheek from him, they went their separate ways.

All afternoon, Jenani felt as if she was walking on Cloud 9. She couldn’t believe she saw him again. On her way out the gallery, she saw Appasami waiting for her outside the door.

“What are you doing here?”

“You’re having an exhibit here? That’s so great!” Appasami said with much gusto.

He said he couldn’t wait for dinner anymore. He wanted to be with her so much, and he had a lot to tell her. Over dinner, Appasami monopolized the conversation saying how much he missed her and that it’s still her he loves after all these years.

All Jenani could think of was that Fate brought them together once more and gave them a second chance at love. This time, she knows it’s forever.

Top Top