Urdu & Hindi Stories - Stories.pk

Read stories online, urdu stories, hindi stories, desi love stories, novels

Login | Register

Mon May 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Scenes so lovely....... is interesting travel story from the country Zimbabwe . I hope you will enjoy to read this story !!!

Recently I visited the Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe and the experience totally blew my mind, so much so, that I felt I had to write and tell everybody just how magnificent that extraordinary body of water is. It is known by the local people as ‘the smoke that thunders’ and this it certainly does. The water plunges with a deafening roar over a sheer cliff, deep into the gorge below, and with such tremendous power the spray soars high into the air. This tall bank of spray is so dense; it is visible for miles before you near the actual falls. Walking through the rainforest on the opposite side of the falls is like walking through a summer shower, and it is necessary to wear raincoats, or suffer being drenched. At night when the moon is full, another particularly lovely phenomenon takes place, and is almost miraculous in its beauty. To look on the delicate Lunar Rainbow, which the light of the moon shining through the spray creates, is a natural wonder without equal. Having witnessed such magnificence I can well understand how David Livingstone came to describe the falls as scenes so lovely Angels must have paused in flight to gaze upon them. Built close enough for the spray to wet the windows of passing trains, the bridge spans the gorge at a height of …., and bungee jumpers leap from its dizzying elevation in search of what must surely be the ultimate adrenaline charge. If ever you find yourself in Africa, do yourself a favour, and make the effort to see the Victoria Falls. There is so much to see and do that you could easily spend a week or more checking out the game farms, where you can see lion, elephant, crocodiles and all the wild animals of Africa, and buy some gorgeous woodcarvings, basket ware, and other goods sold by the local people.

did you like this story ? give your cooments about this story !

ImageImage

Top Top