Urdu & Hindi Stories - Stories.pk

Read stories online, urdu stories, hindi stories, desi love stories, novels

Login | Register

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 am

Lenny the Flying Inventor

By Jeff Smith

Once upon a time there was a funny guy named Lenny. Lenny was an inventor. He invented all sorts of structures. His house looked like a mess, but he had some really nice things.

One day Lenny decided he wanted to fly.

"I'm going to find some wings and fly," Lenny told his friend Rudy.

"Now I really know you're crazy. You will not even get off the ground," said Rudy.

"You'll see," said Lenny.

So he went to his studio and started working. Day and night he worked. Nobody saw Lenny for the week. One day he came out of his shop with a big grin on his face.

He called Rudy on the phone. "Rudy, tomorrow I will fly, but I need your help," says Lenny.

"Did you really build some wings?" asked Rudy.

"Yes, and they are really nice," says Lenny. "They are a bit heavy though. I need you to help me drag them to the top of Kill Devil Hill."

"What's them? "Asked Rudy.

"I made them out of some scrap I had around and explained when I built my helicopter last year," says Lenny.

'Metal! Do not you think that is too heavy to use for wings? "Asked Rudy.

"No, I calculated all the angles. I will be like a human plane," says Lenny.

Rudy just rolled his eyes. "Okay, I will first thing in the morning and we will try them out," says Rudy.

"Until then," said Lenny.

The next morning, they dragged the wings to the top of Kill Devil Hill and Lenny tied them up.

"Are you sure that is not too heavy? Early Rudy again.

"No, the faster I run, how they will get lighter. The wind will take me up and I will fly," said Lenny, very confident.

"Okay, I'm going to get a flying start and take off," said Lenny. So Lenny back up about fifty feet and started running. As he walked, the weight of the wings began to wear out his legs and he got lower and lower to the ground. As he went to the top of the hill, his legs gave out and he slid across the floor on his face.

After Rudy rolled around on the floor laughing for about one minute, he got up and asked if he was Ok Lenny.

"Yes, yes, really funny," says Lenny. "I think you may be right they are a bit heavy, but I know that the shape is just right. I go back to the workshop and make them a different material. Something lighter"

A few weeks later, Lenny called Rudy.

"I did it," says Lenny.

"You did what?" asked Rudy.

"I've reworked the wings. I made them from wood and tissue paper. These things are so light I can get going by just jumping off the roof. Come on over, I have a witness," says Lenny.

"I'm on the road," said Rudy.

When Rudy arrived, Lenny was on the roof with this hilarious look pink wings.

"Pink wings!" Rudy laughed.

"Yes, this is the stuff I had left over from when I remembered that we used giant robot Pig on Halloween last year," says Lenny.

"So you think you are just going to jump and fly?" asked Rudy.

"Yes. Here," says Lenny.

He backed up a bit and took a quick dash and a jump.

Aaaaaaaaaaagh, SMACK! The wings broke off and Lenny landed straight on his head in the middle of some bushes beside the house.

After Rudy rolled around on the floor laughing for about one minute, he got up and asked if he was Ok Lenny.

"Yes, yes, really funny," says Lenny. "I think they might be a bit weak, but I know that the shape is just right. I go back to the workshop and make them a different material. Something not as heavy as the meal and not as light as tissue paper ".

"Sounds like a good idea to me," said Rudy, as he rolled his eyes.

A few weeks later, Lenny called Rudy.

"I've really done this time," says Lenny.

"You did what?" asked Rudy.

"I've reworked the wings. I took them out, and balsa wood. These things look just like a bird's wings. Meet me in Kill Devil Hill, I have a witness," says Lenny.

"I'm on the road," said Rudy.

When Rudy arrived, he saw the wings. She looked great!

"I need you to help me strap it on," says Lenny.

Rudy helped him strap on the wings. They fit really tight. There was a lever under each wing near the tip for Lenny to make the wings up and down and a strap that went around his waste, so they would not fall.

"Here we go," Lenny shouted as he backed up and started performing at the top of the hill.

He did not slow down as he was on the edge of the hill, he began to lift into the air. He flew!

YAHOOO! Shouted Lenny.

He flew and flew just laughing and hooting. He flew higher and higher. He was really getting high now, and he began to worry. "How can I land these things?" he wondered.

That question would be answered. All of a sudden, he noticed that his wings began to melt. He had risen so high that the sun had started to he used for the wings to melt. Soon he had little tiny wings and flew about one hundred miles an hour down to the woods.

"Boy this is going to hurt again," said Lenny himself.

He crashed into the trees.

Rudy was, "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I guess so, but I'm definitely going to stop trying to fly. This is rough on the body," says Lenny.

To this day, no one believes Rudy when he tells the story of how Lenny flew like a bird. It may well be that they did not believe because others probably would get hurt, just like Lenny.

Lenny also made a commitment not something that can not be used while standing firmly on the ground.

He often tells people, "If people were meant to fly, they would have wings!"

The end.

Top Top