Urdu & Hindi Stories - Stories.pk

Read stories online, urdu stories, hindi stories, desi love stories, novels

Login | Register

Mon May 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Grand Rapids, Michigan - Extremely Beautiful is interesting travel story from the country United State. I hope you will enjoy to read this story !!!

Grand Rapids is Michigan’s second largest city with a population of 600,000 people. I have yet to visit a city with more to offer than Grand Rapids.
For my stay, I choose the Amway Grand Plaza. One of the most revered hotels in Grand Rapids, it lived up to my every expectation. From its spell bounding luxury, premier location, and courteous service, I was never disappointed all the way to the mixed drinks at the bar.
I decided that I was going to explore the city on foot for the first night. Within a rocks throw of the Amway Grand Plaza was the Van Andel Museum Center. It should be noted that if any location has the name Van Andel attached to it, no matter who you are, it is well worth your time. The Van Andel Museum Center features exhibits such as past Grand Rapids foundations and a 76-foot-long whale skeleton! Another main attraction on the topic of museums is the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum. If you are looking for a sportier occasion, the Van Andel Arena caters to weekly events ranging from music concerts to Rampage Arena Football.
As the day came to an end, I spotted The B.O.B. (big old building), a restaurant with an image splashed with creativity and innovation. Sprawling over the outside deck of this restaurant were square-like awnings that added a beautiful flare to the smooth mix of lighting. It turns out that The B.O.B. features much more than just a restaurant: a brewery, Crush night club, Judson’s steak house, and much more located in the same building. It literally has something for everyone.
While reflecting on a wonderful first day in Grand Rapids, I remembered passing a sign on my way to the Amway Grand Plaza that proudly announced Heritage Hill tour. The architecture of the houses inside of Grand Rapids precedes itself. This tour consists of dozens of different architecture types, including Queen Anne and Greek Revival. The option was open to the public to tour the Voight House Victorian Museum, so that is what I ended the day with.
My last day in Grand Rapids consisted of visiting the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park, by way of recommendation of one of my tour guides, Carole. When people refer to the Frederik Meijer Gardens they often leave out the Sculpture Park, something I didn’t realize existed until I arrived in person. As I arrived, the beauty of Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park left me speechless. The sculptures were woven right into the gardens as if they were always meant to be there. I have visited sculptures that were locked into time on a supportive poll, but never with blended gardens acting as a foundation to each sculpture. Every scene was a breathe-taking moment. This was just the beginning. Because I only had 2 hours to visit, I was forced to cut my stay short. Frederik Meijer Gardens also features the largest tropical conservatory in the state of Michigan. An expansion to the beautiful art is the Amphitheater Garden which holds outdoor concerts on special occasions.
Many people compare Grand Rapids to Chicago, because it simply has many of the same attractions in an arguably better atmosphere. With its growth, prosperity, and beauty, I expect Grand Rapids to be one of my next vacation spots.

did you like this story ? give your cooments about this story !

ImageImage

Top Top